Friday, August 23, 2013

Music for Mommies

All day long, from the moment Blake wakes up to the time he sleeps I sing him songs or we listen to his toddler tunes while we're around the house. I'm constantly talking to him and talking about what we're doing to (hopefully) help him communicate better as he learns to speak.

Maybe that's why my taste in music has changed? Instead of jamming out to my usual hip hop, dance, or pop music, I found that I'd rather turn the radio onto the "easy listening" station. Instrumentals. No words. Nada. Just soft music of songs my parents used to listen to.

"Nothing's Gonna Change my Love For You."

"Somewhere Out There."

"Taking a Chance on Love."

Who have I become?!

Do any other mommies happen to be going through this? I mean, I love my "old" type of music from my pre-Blake days but at the end of the day, to help me unwind I'd rather listen to music with no words with a soft tempo. I just can't stand a lot of noise anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment