Thursday, June 20, 2013

Changes

I realize I haven't been posting as much lately. And I could easily pull the Mom Card here. But really, it's just summer. We've been busy playing outside in the sunshine. Summer is here and our pool is open!

Man oh man, this kid loves playing in the pool. He'll splash and play with his pool toys all day long if he could. I hold him up and he "swims" around the shallow end but he's also super happy when he's just playing on the pool stairs with the water jets.


since he turned one, he's become kind of a big deal! :P

We've been taking daily evening walks lately to try and start a new routine. After dinner, we walk as a family around the neighborhoods or at the park down the street and around the corner. Then we get home and it's bath time, story time, and bed time. We stray off of the routine every so often, but I try to make it a point for us to get outside.


Now that I've been taking Blake out more, he immediately expects to go outside once he wakes up. We change his diaper, change his clothes, and he stares at the pool from outside his window while he pulls out random toys from his toy box. Then we go downstairs to make breakfast and as we walk down the stairs, he points to the door and signs for "please". Ahhhh... this kid kills me! Too cute.

But instead, I let him play with his toys for a bit while I work on the computer and make breakfast. (I've recently found a new job that allows me to work from home the majority of the time... maybe I'll share more about that later.) After he feeds himself, we go outside.

Summer, sunshine, and smiles! That's what we've been up to lately and those are my reasons for not blogging as much. We have some fun stuff in the works though! Can't wait to share with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment