Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Celebration

Everyone warned me not to wait until the last minute to prepare for Blake's birthday party.

I promise I tried to listen and prepare in advance.

I made so many lists of what needed to be done the week of...

But that was all thrown out the window because we had a flood watch and just tons of rain the day before his POOL party. My poor father was out in the backyard trying to set up as much as he could in the pouring rain. Blake's dad took off the day before the party to help prepare but there was only so much we could actually do since everything needed to be set up outside.

Man... it felt like everything was going wrong the day before the party. It was pretty wacky.

So I decided my best bet was to sleep and cuddle up with Blake and just wake up super early the morning of to get ready.

Thankfully, my cousins from NY surprised us and arrived around 3 am (after being stuck in traffic for ten hours) the morning of his party day. They took naps and the three of them woke up bright and early to help set up. Without them, I don't know what I would've done! Blake woke up so needy that morning and he had to be attached to me. I guess he sensed the excitement and well, there was just a lot going on. They helped with EVERYTHING!

blake's moonbounce
Then more cousins came! And friends came early! And my parents both worked overnight shifts but when they came home, they immediately started setting up. It was so wonderful having such a loving and helpful family. Blake's first birthday party wouldn't have been what it was without all of the family and friends that helped.
we actually had a picture together // image credit: Wahler Photography
in the moonbounce // image credit: Wahler Photography
playing in the kiddie pool // image credit: Wahler Photography
cake and cake pops made by Delightful Indulgence

Guests started arriving and the weather was a little gloomy, some drizzles here and there. But at the end of the day, it was the best first birthday ever. Oh man, and the cake (and cake pops) were DELICIOUS!! I didn't think we would eat all of the cake, but we definitely did. I've never been to a party where the entire cake was enjoyed!

We were surrounded by so much love that day. We really are a blessed little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment