Thursday, March 7, 2013

What's in My Diaper Bag?

SoYoung Charlie Diaper Bag in Black
A new mom's second most prized possession. The diaper bag and all of it's amazing capabilities. :-) The magic bag! A Mary Poppins wanna-be-kind-of-bag. All sorts of tricks to keep baby happy in one bag thrown over your shoulder.

What's in our diaper bag?



1. aden and anais - burpy bib. $9.95/each.
I love the burpy bib! It's thick and soft. The more we wash it, the softer it gets but there's no need to worry about it breaking down. It's great quality! When Blake was just a newborn, I threw it over my shoulder to use as a burp cloth. Now that he's starting to feed himself and drool more, I snap it around his neck with the button closure and use it as a bib. Two birds, one stone!

2. Sophie the Giraffe - $21.95.
I never saw what was so intriguing about Sophie and really didn't plan on spending money on this little rubber giraffe. But we received her as a gift and she's surprisingly Blake's favorite soft teething toy. He can easily grasp onto her around all her curvaceousness. She's smooth to the touch and easily bendable. It doesn't look like it's easy to chew her face because of all the bumps but the rubber is so soft that it basically just folds once it gets into his mouth. It's pretty cool because she also squeaks when squeezed so that entertains him as well.

3. Elephant WubbaNub - $14.95.
Can't live without his paci. He takes the paci when he's about to fall asleep. Having the cute little elephant attached to it just helps him find it on his own when he's in the carseat or stroller.

4. Indestructibles - $4.95.
This is probably the most awesome book we have that we can easily fit into the diaper bag and he can hold it himself without me worrying about the pages ripping or him getting paper cuts. It's washable, rip-proof, and chew-proof. When he's fussy in his rear-facing carseat, I just hand him whatever Indestructibles book I have in the diaper bag that day, and he stares at the awesome illustrations, flips the pages, and chews on the edges. Enough to keep him occupied for the rest of our car trips.

5. Kleynimals - $24.00.
The real-key feel of Kleynimals and the jingle jangle of it can get Blake's attention almost instantly. Another toy he can put in his mouth and drool all over.

6. Spray Bottle of Water and Blake's Body Wash
We use this for as a butt cleaner when we change his diapers since we use cloth wipes. We also use it to clean his little hands and face after he eats or plays. It's like using regular cleaning wipes, but much cheaper.

7. Bummis Cloth Wipes - $5.99/pack of 6.
Awesome cloth wipes that are made of 100% unbleached cotton flannel. We stash a few in our diaper bag because we use them for dipey changes, dirty hands, drool, snot, and all sorts of things. Just a little body wash sprayed onto it and then we're all clean again!

8. bumgenius 4.0 Pocket Diapers - $17.95.
For most days, I pack 2-3 CDs in my diaper bag. It just depends on how long we'll be out of the house.

9. CJ's Butter - $14 for an 8 oz tub.
To use for diaper changes to keep his little bottom from getting icky and avoid diaper rash. I also use this for my hands because it's more of a lotiony cream type of product. This cold winter weather and the fact that I constantly wash or wipe my hands down can make my digits pretty dry. CJ's helps keep them moisturized and smelling nice and fresh! I keep the Caribbean Therapy or Peppermint one in my diaper bag at all times. Another two-stones-one-bird product!

10. Wetbag for dirty diapers and wipes - $29.00.
Blake and I have a few wetbags to make sure we always have a fresh one when we head out the door. It keeps my diaper bag stink-free from dirty diapers, cloth wipes, and icky burp cloths or dirty baby clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment