Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Review Wednesday: S&CB Diaper of the Month Club

Soft & Cozy Baby is a delightful baby boutique located in Baltimore, MD that specializes in natural parenting, cloth diapering, and babywearing. When I was researching cloth diapering, my cousin mentioned this boutique to me and suggested I make a visit. They have cloth diaper experts and they even hold workshops to help curious moms get a better understanding of the various CD choices out there. Not only that, they also promote natural parenting so they host babywearing workshops as well. That's not all though! They know how parents have a lot to juggle so sometimes it's hard to get the kids in the car, park, and tote them around Baltimore in the cold so they offer "carry out" orders. Place an order online or over the phone, pull up to the front of their boutique, and they'll run your order out to your car. No need to try and brave the weather with your little ones!

Since I found out about S&CB, I've made several visits and absolutely admire the staff. They are so knowledgeable and extremely helpful, even over the phone, with any questions customers may have!

Like I said, I visit them frequently so of course I needed to sign up on their mailing list to stay in the loop of their happenings and deals! I'm so glad I signed up! I received an email last month announcing that they now have a Diaper of the Month Club!

As you know, I'm a cloth diaper addict and truly believe they have been saving me money since we started CDing. For $25/month, I figured I'd try it out and see what they have to offer. I'd love to try new diapers! S&CB asks that you fill out a little questionnaire about you, your baby, and the type of diapers you prefer to use.

We received our Diaper of the Month Club delivery soon after the beginning of this month. Quick shipping, and adorable packaging. I forgot to take a picture of the packaging when I opened it because quite honestly, I was too damn excited. ;)



In this month's package, we received a bumgenius all-in-one diaper, an Indestructibles book, a pebble rattle, The Original CJ's Butter, Punkin Butt Organic Wipes Solution sample, and a $5 gift card to use on our next purchase. All for only $25!

The AIO diaper itself costs close to $20! Blake uses bumgenius pocket diapers at home and all of our diapers are pockets. I decided to use pockets because I could change the absorbency and also hang dry the diapers a little quicker. I've been wanting to try the AIO dipes but stopped myself from buying it because we have enough bumgenius diapers. Pockets have worked for us so I just didn't want to go out of my way to try an AIO. This would definitely be easier for BD to use though. It's soaking in water now to try and work its absorbency before I throw it in the wash and put it on Blake.

Along with the AIO, we received a sample of Punkin Butt's Wipe Solution. The sample may look tiny but it's concentrated so it actually makes three cups of solution. We use cloth wipes at home and I've been using a homemade spray with Blake's body wash and water mixed, but this would be cool to try! I have a small spray bottle that I picked up from Target to use on Blake's cloth wipes and a small 0.5 ounce bottle lasts for weeks. I can only imagine three cups of solution will last me for at least a couple of months.

Blake likes books but he also likes to turn the pages on his own, and try to eat the corners. With Indestructibles, he can chew it all he wants and it'll never rip or get icky. The book is even washable! He enjoys looking at all of the colors in the book's pictures and points at the images. It stimulates his senses but also keeps him quiet and calm in the car. There are no words in the book so when we "read"it together, I get to make up my own story. I hope that as he learns to babble more, he can make up his own stories and keep me entertained. :)

The pebble veggie rattle is pretty cool, too. Nice and soft and it seems carefully constructed. It has a 100% cotton exterior and 100% polyester fill interior. It is easy for Blake to grasp onto and shake shake shake all he wants. What I love most about it is that it's machine washable and can be dried in the dryer, if needed. Makes life a little easier for mommy!

The awesome package doesn't stop there... we also got a sample of The Original CJ's Butter! Caribbean Therapy scented. CJ's Butter can be used for adults and children for eczema, rashes, dry or chapped skin, lacerations and abrasions. I actually have a full size CJ's Butter in my diaper bag for dry hands since it's cold out and I constantly wash my hands. No chapped skin over here, folks! Having a sample size would be great to switch out with my full size so it'll take up less space in the dipe bag.

Would I sign up for S&CB Diaper of the Month Club again? Yes. Love them, love the products they have, and the ideas they promote! I also love that they're a local business. Gotta support local!


1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great program, and fun to receive new products to try!

    ReplyDelete