Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Baby Daddy Saturdays

BD has been around a lot lately to help me care for Blake, especially since my parents weren't around for a few weeks. Sometimes he stops by after work and Blake is already getting ready to sleep.

Blake's dad mentioned that he wants to be able to spend more time with Blake but he can't always leave work in time to make it for bathtime or story time.

I need the time to study and get things done so we discussed him having some quality Daddy&Blakey time on Saturday mornings. Blake is enrolled at MyGym and he has unlimited free play sessions but I haven't had time to take him since we have so much going on. Well, there's a free play session on Saturday mornings, not too early in the morning but early enough that BD can still have his afternoon free.

This past Saturday we went for a little test run. Starting this week, BD is on his own with Blake. He never had to get everything together for Blake and get him and all his goodies loaded in the car by himself. I kind of just stood by and watched to make sure they were both ok.

He put Blake's jacket on, brought his diaper bag, and strapped him in his carseat. He drove. He took out the stroller, unloaded everything and then unstrapped Blake and got him in his stroller. Instead of going to MyGym, since I was running a little late that morning, he ended up taking him to the mall to have some play time with the other kids at the Play Place.

He strolled around and I didn't have to carry a single bag. I was FREE.

BD entertained him with toys while they were walking to the Play Place. They played, met other kids, and had a great time... all while I sat back, had some Starbucks, and ate a delicious birthday cake cake pop. :P All of which I totally needed!

Then BD got him back in the stroller and actually got him to nap for a bit. Back into the car we all went... with BD doing all the work on his own.

I have to say... I was very proud of him but really, I was even happier seeing that Blake was able to play and be active with his dad. Hopefully this Daddy&Blakey time sticks so I can really focus on school work. Having a set timeframe where I can just sit and not worry about Blake waking up from his nap would be AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment