Friday, March 22, 2013

He Sleeps So Hard, He Sweats...

But the thing is, he doesn't really sleep thaaaat hard! Little homeboy still wakes up every so often, like every 90 minutes, during his nighttime sleep cycle. I never take him out of the bed, but I do breastfeed him and after 2 minutes he's back to sleep.


Even though he wakes up, he sweats like he's been sleeping in the same position for hourrrrrrrs. When I say he sweats, I mean he REALLY sweats! I have to put a waterproof pad underneath the sheets because his little head is just on fire. I tried dressing him down to just a diaper and a shirt and socks (because his little feet are always cold), but he still sweats. He only sweats on his head though. The rest of his body feels fine. He wears full on jammies again because his body gets a little cold. Regardless what he's wearing, his head sweats sweats sweats!

I would say it started when he was around 2 or 3 months. During his naps, I noticed little droplets of sweat under his full head of baby hair. Then it started getting worse during his longer sleep sessions at night. It's to the point where the sheet under his little head is SOAKED. Like he peed or something? I don't know how to explain but there's definitely a circle of wetness under his beautiful little head. I feel so bad for him so I try to shift him while he's sleeping just so he's not sleeping in a puddle. That can't feel good to him. Can it? 

Has anyone had sleep sweating issues with their little ones? I always forget to ask his pediatrician when we see her. Someone, please remind my forgetful @ss when we go to his one year checkup!


No comments:

Post a Comment