Thursday, March 28, 2013

Catching Up

Since Blake has been crawling, I haven't really had much time to get things done. This boy is all over the place!

We definitely need to start babyproofing soon...

I have most of the stuff, like outlet covers (which by the way, I can hardly take out of the outlet... those things are tough) and door handle locks. I'm not worried about him opening and shutting doors just yet.

What I need to invest in are baby gates, cabinet locks, and drawer locks.

When he's not crawling, he is moving around like crazy in his walker. Back, forth, side-to-side, diagonal... every which way!

Aside from crawling, he's learning a ton of other stuff and it's just been so fun playing with him. I can't help but just bask in the happiness he brings me. He can point his finger on command and meet it with your finger (the funny thing about this is that his dominant finger on his left hand is his middle finger... so you'll probably see a lot of pictures with that thing sticking up), clap his hands, high five, and he is picking up on the sign language I've been teaching him (like how to say "more", "all finished", and "milk").

Yesterday we went out for a little "car" ride around the neighborhood and we brought Langston out with us. Blake had a little cold the past few days so we really needed the fresh air. I strapped him in his car, leashed up Langston, and out the door we went.

Blake loved the sunshine! He loved driving his car. But what he loved most was holding Langston's leash! Ahhhhhh... the sweetest sight I ever did see!

When Langston started to wander off, Blake took his leash with both hands and gently pulled on it to get Langston to come back to us. Man... that kid is a quick learner. Here's a quick little video I made with the Vine app. :-)



Anyway, that's my reasoning for not blogging as much as I'd hoped lately.

On another note... I've been giving Blake's old clothes away. He had a boatload of baby clothes that he grew out of and I sold a huge trash bag of them and kept the "special moment" ones. But then as I was cleaning the other day, I found two more bins of clothes! Not even sure how a little baby had so many things. I can't even remember how I fit all of this into his room.

I started selling some of his clothes on Instagram (you can follow us at @fromblakewithlove). We set it up kind of like an online pop-up shop. There really are some internet/phone-savvy moms that came up with this idea. I wish I was original enough to have come up with it first lol!

instagram @fromblakewithlove

I was surprised to see that most of the items sold! I shipped them all out yesterday and tried to make the shipping boxes cute so when they arrive, the buyers get excited. I know that usually helps me accept and enjoy the things I purchase online lol!

"one of the secrets of a HAPPY LIFE is continuous SMALL TREATS"

No comments:

Post a Comment