Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Three Weeks


Blake and I have to try and survive the next three weeks without any help...

Oy...

Tired just thinking of it.

My parents have been such a huge help with Blake. My mom is on disability due to a car accident late last year so she's been home. Thankfully, Blake is pretty well mannered and not too much of a problem child. So he doesn't need to be carried a lot. My mom was able to watch and entertain him for ten minutes at a time so I could eat, shower, pump, and use the bathroom.

All those things never seemed like such a luxury until Blake was born. (I mean except the pumping... that didn't happen until after Blake was born.)

On the days where I am 110% sleep deprived and running on E, my dad would come home a little early from work to hang out with little man while I napped for 30 minutes.

Now... those days are put on hold.

And mommy is going to have to pull all-nighters to study after hours.

*super super long sigh here*

But Blake and I are INCREDIBLY LUCKY to have such an amazing support system and wonderful friends. A couple mommy friends have offered to help while my parents are unable to for three weeks. I just always feel bad for asking for help because I feel like it's a burden. Especially to those that already have kids! I mean... one kid is enough, but two or three is a lot! I absolutely BOW DOWN to those of you with young ones running around. Sheesh...

Yesterday was the first day without any help and I was pooped by 8 pm.

I finally cooked a meal for myself, did two loads of laundry, studied and took an exam at school. All while Blake was basically awake. (You know how I wished for the long nap trend to stay... well, it didn't.) Blake doesn't watch T.V. so I am always trying to find things to keep him entertained. That, in itself, is exhausting.

I might have to invest in a bottle of wine this evening... you know... after he's asleep and all.

Any advice on juggling work, school, survival skills, and a baby would be greatly appreciated!

Wish us luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment