Monday, February 11, 2013

My Yummy Valentine

Blake's friends at MyGym had a Valentine's Party on Friday afternoon. And it was probably the cutest little party I've seen so far!

There were kids of all ages there. I think Blake may have been the youngest by a few months but he was so interested in the other kids. They were running, tumbling, dancing, and jumping. He couldn't help but giggle and smile at all of them.

We all introduced ourselves and then we sang songs together as a group. Sweet, little Valentine's songs. :-) Then the bigger kids were grouped together to do some activities while Blake and the other little ones were doing other activities.

First up was cupcake decorating! (I was screaming and jumping for joy... quietly, to myself!)


It was Blake's first time smushing a cake. I let him play with food at home so he could get familiar with the textures and all, but this was his first time with sugary sweets. He didn't eat any of it, but he definitely played with it. Actually, taking a look at the pictures... it looks like he did get a little taste of it! Silly boy! ;-) He was more curious and intrigued by the feeling of the icing. He was so quiet, just pushing the icing with his little pointer finger and then finally putting his entire hand on it.

He kept reaching back and patting me, getting icing all over my shirt and pants. But it was just too adorable, I really didn't care.

The final cupcake design!
After cupcake decorating, we made his first Valentine's card. I unstuck some stickers and gave it to him to put onto his heart card. I squirted some glittery goo onto the card and tried to get him to play with it. But once he put his hand on the goo, he wasn't having it. I guess the slimy feeling between his fingers didn't fly for him.





After cupcake decorating and card making, the little ones gathered in a circle and sang more songs. And played with bubbles!

That was Blake's first up close and personal experience with bubbles. He was nervous and shaking at first but kept looking at the other babies playing with them. He started to reach out and catch them, but every time they disappeared he had this blank look on his face. lol!

Where did the bubbles go?

Ahhhh... it was just too much cuteness in one afternoon!

Is it weird that I keep passing his Valentine's card and getting a little emotional? I'm not sure what emotion it is that sweeps over me but there's some feeling there. Like I'll never let go of it! (Uh oh... is this the start of mommy hoarding?!)









No comments:

Post a Comment