Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Weather Can't Stop Us

It's been a very cold and now rainy Tuesday. I was off from work today so I wanted to take Blake out and play. I could have used the time to stay home and rest or even catch up on some school work and chores around the house. But I like keeping Blake active. We try to stay away from TV as much as possible so I like him to visit places, play, use his senses, experience the outdoors.

I called some mommy friends to see if we could get together at the Westfield Annapolis Mall play place. Blake and I met two of his friends there and we had some mommy time. The play place was pretty packed this morning but I guess it's because other mommies wanted the kids out and about before the rain came.

Blake ended up napping soon after we left the play place so one mommy friend and I ended up doing lunch at La Madeline's. Mmmm mmm delish! I ordered the chicken friand and a French onion soup. I would definitely get it again!

Then it was time for Blake to drink milk so a trip to the Nordstrom mother's lounge was in order. Breastfeeding at it's finest. Comfy couch, beautiful music, and no worrying about people give you stankkkkk looks for feeding your baby. :P Ray LaMontagne's "You are the Best Thing" was playing and it was just such a peaceful moment with my son. I felt a surge of love and satisfaction through my heart.

After he was satisfied, I was able to pull out my breast pump, plug it in, and go to town with it. Lol! 5 oz pumped to save for a little girl in PA. ;)

Our day didn't stop there. After all that, I managed to take him to the MVA and help his dad out by renewing his registration. :) BD's been such a huge help since my parents have been gone so it's the least I could do to help him out.

Blake cooperated the whole time. And I knew he was tired...

Got him back in his carseat and he passed out almost immediately. But we were in the area for Trader Joe's and I've really been wanting to get some goodies from there.

When I took him back out of the car he was still asleep and stayed asleep throughout my whole trip at Trader Joe's. He is such a light sleeper so he must have been really pooped! Grabbed some tasty apple snack sticks, veggies, and other snacks including my most favoritest thing in the world... CHOCOLATE COVERED POTATO CHIPS!! For years, I've been in love with choc covered potato chips and to find out they sell them there was amazing! I've been ordering them online through a potato chip distributor. Now I don't have to wait! Instant satisfaction!

Ok ok enough about the chips... So Blake was still asleep and is STILL sleeping in the car now. Instead of going home, I drove straight to MyGym so he could rest without me taking him out of the car again.

I skipped his MyGym class before so I rescheduled to make it up this afternoon at 4. While he naps, I can blog, catch up on messages and emails, and eat these yummy apple snack sticks! :P

The weather makes me want to nap but sleep can wait... Again. Making the most of my day off with my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment