Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Review Wednesday: SWAG Booties

Blake reached the stage where pulling off his socks is cool. (He doesn't realize it's not really THAT cool...)

Maybe his socks come off easier because they're getting too small or maybe he just likes his little piggies to breathe. Maybe he doesn't like the feeling of socks at all?

I've been looking for an alternative and found some pricey moccasins and... SWAG booties. The SWAG booties price point definitely won me over! At $28 a pair, it was definitely a fraction of the cost of the other moccasin type, soft-sole infant shoes that I found. There are pairs that are even a little lower than that!

I'm so glad I found trendybaby on Etsy! The SWAG in the name SWAG booties means Slippers With a Grip. So clever!

just a few of the huge selection of trendybaby SWAG booties available

The SWAG booties are super adorable, and soft to the touch. The insides are made of no-pill microchamois fleece and the pair that we purchased had an outer layer of beautiful brown faux leather. It feels so buttery and comfortable. Blake absolutely loves his! He hasn't tried to pull it off once. I'd say it's like a second skin for him!

The best part, unlike the socks he has, is that the booties don't leave red marks around his ankles. They are snug to the fit and elasticized but even after hours of wearing them, not a single mark is to be found. To be honest, I let him wear the booties around the house as slippers just to keep his little toesies warm. They don't have to be just going-out shoes because they really are THAT comfortable!

Blake isn't walking yet, but he is learning to pull himself up so he can stand. The SWAG booties have a no-slip bottom and they're waterproof, too! I actually can't wait to see Blake walk in them!

Blake is 8 1/2 months now and I ordered the 9-12 month size because I knew it would take some time to get here. His foot measures about 4.5 inches from his heel to the tip of his big toe. We could have purchased the 6-9 month size which would have been more fitted but I wanted something with room for him to grow. Babies and their growth spurts!

trendybaby is a one-mom show! Not only does she make these gorgeous SWAG booties, she also offers bibs, carseat covers, and maryjanes. I was able to get in contact with Rachel, the owner and founder of trendybaby, and she really is a wonderful woman. She has four little ones and still manages to find time to please so many other babies and moms that stop by her Etsy shop. trendybaby has been in business for five years, and it doesn't look like she'll be slowing down any time soon. At least, not with such awesome handicraft and design! YOU GO, RACHEL! She's a super mom if I ever knew one! (Not only does she care and provide for four beautiful kids, she was also a cloth diaper addict, attachment parent, deal finder, and breastfeeding mama! I love this woman's values!) ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I think your son had his pair on the other day when I saw you right? I thought they were so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did! They really are adorable... But more important, they are comfy for my little man! :)

      Delete