Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Best Valentine's Day!

I didn't sleep well last night, if you call 2 hours sleeping... but I woke up super excited and giddy because it's my first Valentine's Day with Blake!

To be quite honest with ya, I never really got the giddy feeling over Valentine's Day before. It was moreso anxiety because I had to think of what to get, what to do, and where to go. I guess I still had to do it but this time around, it was special because I spent it with my son.

There's just something about holidays, even Hallmark holidays, and children. I just can't wait to start traditions with Blake and maybe this'll end up being one of them.

We had a bit of a rough start because his schedule was a little off last night. We went to bed later and didn't go through his bedtime routine, so he was just all outta sorts. I had to pump, study, and eat so I didn't sleep much either. Oh yeah, and update the blog for ya... 'cause you know... it's just another excuse not to do homework. :-P

We finally made it out the door and met with two hot mamas and Blake's BFFs for some Valentine's crafts at a baby boutique in Baltimore. It was a mommy and son date day! The boys played in the store and they made handprint cards. Maybe I'm weird, but I love seeing Blake's little handprints. haha! And I love doing crafts with him. Letting him feel new textures and play with colors. It's pretty cool if you ask me! My hot mommy friend, Stefani Chung, actually captured some really beautiful shots of us making his handprint art.
of course i had to get a picture of him with my iPhone!






Then it was lunch time. Blake sat up in his high chair and tried to use his manners but how gentleman-like can you really be if you're eating cheerios with your fingers? ;-) It was so nice to just be able to sit down and eat and have conversations with some wonderful, wonderful ladies! We went to a cafe called Golden West Cafe. Pretty good! I'd go back again!


Afterwards, Blake and I took a little stroll around Hampden (since I upped my parking time). It was peaceful and cool to see the thrift stores, boutiques, and all that Hampden has to offer.




Once we got back to the car and I buckled him in, he passed out. So nice to see a happy, fed, and tired out kid. :-) Seeing him just made my heart melt. He's such a good kid... and I am so lucky I got to spend the whole day with him!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment