Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Review Wednesday: Kleynimals

Sometimes Blake gets in meltdown mode and he can't snap out of it.At least, he wouldn't snap out of it until... I introduced Kleynimals to him!

He loves the sound of jingling and jangling and rattling and shaking. But he seems to have outgrown his baby toys. Rattles and plastic keys just don't cut it anymore. Over it, mom!

Blake and I went to visit a local shop a few weeks ago in Annapolis and found Kleynimals (pronounced as Clean-Ih-Mahls). Clean Key Animals. Food-grade stainless steel, non-toxic KEYS for BABIES (over 6 months old)!

(image: http://www.kleynimals.com)
Maybe I get a little more excited than he does when it comes to his Kleynimals. But maaaaan, these things are awesome. So awesome that they're freeeeeeaking awesome! The sound they make when they rattle sound just like real keys. Gets Blake's attention instantly!

The nice smooth, round shape of his Kleynimals are perfect for him to hold. No sharp ends poking him and I don't have to worry about his little tiny fingers getting sliced by real keys. On top of that, it's non-toxic stainless steel. Some car keys have lead in them, but these Kleynimals give you peace of mind because they have been tested and proven to have no lead, phthalates, BPA or cadmium! Go ahead, Blake, try and chew them!

And since my little one is teething, the slight coldness of the stainless steel can ease his teething pains. It's easy to wash so if he gets his mushy food, milk, or drool on it, I can just throw it in the dishwasher or wash it by hand real quick. No fuss!

(image: http://www.kleynimals.com)
There are three Kleynimals on each ring. And they have names. :-) Eli the Elephant (if you know my obsession with elephants, you already know he's our favorite over here), Gus the Giraffe, and Leo the Lion! Blake likes to hold each Kleynimal on its own and just run his fingers over their faces. He really looks like he's studying their characteristics. By far one of the cutest things ever!

The Kleynimals come in a cute, little pouch so you can store it in your diaper bag without worrying about little crumbies getting all over it. I like to keep it in the pouch when Blake isn't using it so it's easier to find in my bag and it's also like opening a present every time I take it out for him!

Wait, I'm not done raaaaaaving about it yet! Kleynimals was first founded and made, and still based in ANNAPOLIS! Hold up. Whaaaaaat?! Yup, they're local, too! *dyingggggg* A family-owned company. I'm absolutely loving that!

If I had known about these any earlier, I would have gifted them for a couple baby showers I attended. Moms need this! Babies need this! Sanity saver at its finest. :-)

OTMama Rating (lowest 1 - highest 10): 10!



1 comment: