Saturday, January 19, 2013

*snip snip*

Blake was born with a full head of hair. And it just keeps growing.

We kept thinking about waiting until his first birthday to cut his hair but for the past few weeks he's been grabbing his ears and scratching around them.

I kept putting his hair behind his ear so it wouldn't tickle or bother the inside of his ear. But it just keeps getting longer and longer.

So this morning, while Blake's dad was here, we put him down for his nap. Once he was in a deep sleep, I cut his nails and then went for the hair...

I didn't know this but apparently Filipinos traditionally wait until the baby is one year old before cutting hair. That's why we wanted to wait. But it was more bothersome than anything. So we TRIMMED his hair, not cut it. ;)

There's a difference, right?

I thought about taking him to the kiddie hair cutter but after thinking about it, I know he wouldn't have stayed still. Just like cutting his nails, my angel needs to be asleep. So mommy's hair cutting skills came out!

I'd have to say I'm glad I didn't take the time to get him dressed, get me dressed, and haul him out to the hair cutter to just pay close to $20 for a 2 minute hair trim. :) I mean, it's not like I put a bowl on his head and cut around it... Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment