Tuesday, January 29, 2013

MNO

I went to my first Mommies Night Out about a week or so ago with the wonderful moms in my MWF workout group. Yes... I know... I'm really delayed at posting this... But that's what happens when you work OT. ;-)

Thankfully, my mother was able to spend a few hours with Blake so I could just get some "time off". My mom was recently in a car accident so she doesn't have full range of motion in one of her arms, but Blake cooperates with her. It's kind of like he knows she's limited in carrying him so he adjusts to her abilities.

Anyway, the mommies went out to Chevy's for some dinner and drinks. I arrived a little earlier than we planned but there were a couple other moms there already.

And taking advantage of the Happy Hour specials!

$4 margaritas.

I'M DOWNNNNNNNN! :)

It still feels a little weird going out without Blake or a diaper bag but... Man... It felt good to BREATHE! No wonder people say date nights and nights out are necessary! It's probably one of the few ways to stay sane with an infant stuck to you all day.

But to be honest... As good as it felt to be out and about, it felt even better coming home. I walked through the front door, saw my baby in his high chair, up past his bedtime, but so extremely happy. He had a huge smile on as soon as he saw me! Then he started calling out, "Mom mom mom..."

No comments:

Post a Comment