Thursday, January 31, 2013

Blake's Workout Plan

I recently purchased a LivingSocial deal to one of our local MyGym's. I didn't realize I was supposed to register Blake before December 24th, 2012... so I called to see if they would still accept it.

And they did! *whew*

I really didn't think anything of it and thought it would just be a good way to get us both out of the house. But I have to say, after taking him to his first class yesterday, I absolutely loved it!

There were 4 other little ones in Blake's class yesterday. He was the youngest and they were all already crawling. He kept getting in the crawling position on his hands and knees to try and reach them but he couldn't get the forward motion just yet. I have a feeling this class will help him with that though!

It's a clean, open floor space with lots of mats and activities to keep the kids occupied.

Blake's class was motivated by music and two wonderful teachers. He sat in a swing for the first time and giggled the entire time. He sat on a tiny choo-choo train and loved the sound that it made! He tumbled and played in the ball pit. They helped him walk up a wooden plank. There was a "hamster" tunnel for the kiddly winks to crawl through.

It was really wonderful. Blake had an awesome time and he napped almost immediately once we got in the car!

The classes are 45 minutes long. There is also about a 10 minute period during the class where the babies are separated from the mommies and nannies. They all played with toys together in a group. Thankfully, Blake didn't cry! He loved the time with his new friends and he even played the piano for them.

I will definitely be taking him back to MyGym on a weekly basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment