Sunday, January 13, 2013

All Aboard the Workout Train



It's a New Year and a lot of people made resolutions to get fit.

Including me.

Well, not exactly to get fit or lose weight, but at least live a more active lifestyle. With Blake.


Blake and I joined our first mommy and baby workout group this past week. Since it was a free class, I was expecting a not-so-strenuous workout and some good, quality mommy group time. I honestly thought the mommies would just be strolling around and kids would be running around us and yelling. But it was nothing like that...

Um.

Boy, was I wrong!

The group we joined is Stroller Strides and we were referred to it by a friend. Basically, I get to stay with my little marshmallow while I work out with other mommies. We meet at the mall before the stores open for business and well, we get movin'!

During my first class, we warmed up, pushed the kids around in the strollers at a faster-than-normal pace and used resistance bands. Exercises included everything... lunges, pushups, mountain climbers, bicep curls, jumping jacks, etc. Oyy...

But honestly, I felt GREAT and the high kicked in while we were cooling down. It was awesome to get out of the house, with baby Blake, and meet other moms with the same goals in mind. Having a group like that also gives me a little more motivation. I didn't have to worry about childcare for Blake, and he actually ended up napping in the stroller. *whew*

Let's see how it goes from here...

Here's to a year of active living!

No comments:

Post a Comment