Tuesday, January 15, 2013

30 Days of Juicing

I might be late for getting (back) onto the juicing challenges. But at least I'm doing it.

I started yesterday. Dusted off my juicer from two years ago...

And the juices I've made (so far... granted I'm only two days in) taste, and feel amazing!

I'm not looking to lose weight since I've actually lost more than I gained during my pregnancy. I gained about 35 pounds during my prego days and I was 155 before I found out I was pregnant.

Yeah... Sh*t... I just put my weight out there. BUT... that was my old weight.

I'm now down to 135 pounds and I really don't feel the need to lose anymore than that. I'm 5'6" and I feel good in my skin. I would, however, like to be healthier and more active. I'm still breastfeeding so the healthier I can be, the healthier my little honeyBee will be.

So I haven't been eating the recommended amount of servings of fruits and vegetables since... well, since... never. -_- And that's why I want to juice.

Yesterday, I packed in nutrients from 2 cups of spinach, a few carrots, 2 oranges and some strawberries. And it tasted pretty good. I can definitely say it rocked drinking a plain ol' Naked juice.

Today, I had to use what I have left since I haven't had time to go to the store. But now I'll make it a point to pick up some goodies from the grocery store with Blake. So today I juiced 2 cups of broccoli, 2 cups of spinach, 2 oranges, 3 carrots and strawberries. I put it in a reusable glass cup and drank it on the way to work. I didn't drink coffee this morning and to be quite honest, I have more energy on this dreary, cold Maryland day than I would have if I had just drank coffee.

I'm feeling good! 

I'm trying to do this with a friend... #30daysofjuicing on IG. Let's see how much time I have to juice at least once a day for the next 28 days. The semester starts next week, and while juice would be a great way to down my nutrients, it's a matter of how much time I have while Blake naps to make a tasty glass of goodness.




No comments:

Post a Comment