Friday, August 9, 2013

Legends of the Summer


I was surprised with tickets to the Legends of the Summer concert last night for an early birthday present. I nearly cried when I was told I had tickets. In a matter of seconds, I was ecstatic, confused, and upset because my joy turned into "are you effing with me?" lol I needed to hear it again...

Call me a groupie, a nerd, a silly little girl but I've been to every concert that Justin Timberlake has held in the MD/DC area. Even when he was still in *NSYNC. lol! I was so upset when I found out about the August 8th show he was having with Jay-Z in Baltimore because I knew I couldn't find a sitter for Blake.

But his dad did. He set up a sitter and got me tickets to see probably the greatest performance ever!

Such a wonderful surprise!

the crowd lit up the stadium for the last song
dedicated to Trayvon Martin
I was on my feet all night, jammin' out to my boys on stage! I was in another world. I couldn't comprehend what was happening. My body was rockin'. My arms were waving in the air. I whipped my hair back and forth. I screamed like a little girl! Were JT and Jay-Z really on stage?!! Here?! In Baltimore?!! *dyingggggggg*

I didn't take many pictures. Didn't have service. And I didn't care. I knew my son was in good hands but I needed this. I needed Jay-Z and JT in my life. I needed to be in this world for a night!

A huge smile was stuck on my face from the moment they got on stage. I got blisters from standing and dancing last night! Didn't sit down for even a second. But I can't even be mad.... I just saw the LEGENDS of the summer. *swooooon*

The concert ended around 11:30 but I didn't get home until after 1 am. And Blake was still awake. Apparently he refused to sleep. He wasn't crying or cranky... but he was waiting. Just waiting for mommy to get home. Once I laid down with him, it was a wrap. He passed out in two seconds flat.

I still can't believe how amazing the show was last night. I just can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment