Wednesday, March 20, 2013

He Finally Did It

Blake's third tooth finally broke through his gums last week. Or maybe earlier, but I just found it last week. He's been drooling like crazy but no major complaining. Just chewing on whatever he can and soaking bibs all day!

The past few nights, Blake has been flipping over onto his belly to sleep and he has never done that before. It's frustrating because he'll do it while he's sleeping and then wake himself up. That just means mommy has to wake up, too.

Last night, after his bedtime bath, he flipped over onto his belly and... CRAWLED!

I was honestly starting to think he would never crawl. He enjoys standing and jumping and trying to walk but he always hated being on his belly. But he did it!! All on his own! Like it was nothing. Like he's been crawling all along behind my back and finally decided to share it with me. Lol! I'm thinking all that flipping in the middle of the night was him DREAMING of crawling!

I wanted to cry and giggle and jump for joy all at the same time. I was shocked. He started crawling 5 minutes before his dad came by to visit. When BD walked into the room, he saw the look of amazement on my face and asked what happened. I put Blake down and let him crawl over to his dad. My jaw dropped open again...

I saw the joy and excitement on BD's face. Blake was all giggles and smiles because he reached his dad by himself. And I was just happy. So super happy that my baby reached another milestone!

BD ran to get the camcorder and I cleared some of Blake's toys from the floor so he could have more room to crawl around. Naturally, he wanted to crawl to all the things he can't usually play with... Like my iPhone, a plastic bag, the iPad, and all the wooden furniture. BD wanted to run to Home Depot to start babyproofing lol!

Now that Blake figured out how to crawl, that's all he wants to do. Even when I tried to put him to bed. He flipped over onto his belly and crawled all over me and under and over the blanket. He was up a little later that night and I'm guessing it was because he was so excited. He didn't even want to lay still during story time.

And now that he's crawling... mommy's getting a little more of a workout with him. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment