Thursday, December 6, 2012

Gonna Find Us a Tree!

The holidays have always given my family a reason to get together. But my family never really had any special traditions. My mom works at a hospital so it's not often that she gets time off, much less the holidays off.

Having my own little one makes me want to start a family tradition. And now that the holidays are upon us, and I'm not really down with fake trees, I figured we'd all go to one of the pop-up tree lots to pick a fresh one. But my cousin recommended going to the tree farm and picking our own, cutting it down, and hauling it home ourselves. Honestly... it sounds like a lot of work... and Bee and I were just getting over being sick.

But it was a gloomy Saturday and we did nothing but stay in jammies and rest so I wanted to get us all out of the house for some fresh air. And that's when I agreed to go to the tree farm.

Up early on Sunday, took a mini roadtrip for about an hour, and there we were! A CHRISTMAS TREE FARM! 60 degrees and a morning full of sunshine in December. I'll take it! It was the most perfect, happy family feeling I've had in awhile. 

I've never been to one or seen one... ever. It was a lot cooler than I thought. Until my cousin told us we had to hike up some hills to get to the fields and literally cut down our own tree. Man, that's far...

And thank goodness I brought Bee's Grandma and Grandpa!

There was absolutely no way I was going to be able to wear Bee, cut down the tree, load it up in the tree trolley, shake it and load it up on my car. What was I thinking?!

Good thing my cousin asked me to bring my parents. My dad helped cut down the tree and haul it down the hills... while my mom, Bee, and I took our time walking and taking in the scenery. It is DEFINITELY a tradition I'd like to carry on as the years go on. But next year, Bee will be walking so maybe I can do it all on my own? ;-)

Oh, and I saw a sign that said pets are allowed! So you know, next year, Pup is sooooooo coming with us.





No comments:

Post a Comment