Tuesday, April 2, 2013

We Kind of Missed His First Easter

Blake hasn't been feeling well the past week and a half. He woke up on Easter morning with a temperature again so his dad and I decided it was best to keep him home.

Easter turned out to be a pretty gloomy afternoon and quite chilly so that took some of the guilt away from not taking him out of the house.

My parents bought Blake his "My First Easter" bib and they were in charge of hiding all of the eggs at a big celebration we go to annually. It was sad that they went without Blake but they left some eggs for him to use for play.

But now that it's getting warmer outside, and the sun is shining, I'd love for him to be out and about. Get some fresh air. We went for an hour walk yesterday, in the 60 degree weather, with the sun shining down on his adorable little face. Brought Langston along with us, too! Once Blake fell asleep, Langston and I played fetch in the field behind my house.

I feel kind of bad because Langston hasn't been getting as much attention from me lately. Not because he has been bad, but because I have so much to do and Blake is all over the place now. That and Blake and I usually go to all of his activities during the day time before he naps in the afternoon.

I would love to take both of my little boys out to DC or for a mini hike. Does anyone have any suggestions around Maryland? DC kind of intimidates me. I don't know if I can handle the metro by myself with Blake... and I wouldn't be able to take Langston there. If I do take Langston and end up driving into DC, I get really nervous with all the one-way roads and tricky streets.

Hey mommies in the area.. anyone want to try and trek out with us some time?!

1 comment:

  1. Let's go to Great Falls! It's not that far and we can go during the weekday when it won't be too crowded! :D

    ReplyDelete