Thursday, December 13, 2012

WubbaNub. NubbaWHAT?!


Bee is a pacifier baby.

I know some moms are totally against them. And well, I'm not. To be quite honest... I adore the Soothie pacifier. Why? Because I'm a single mom that doesn't have four arms to do everything. And it makes my son happy.

I didn't start Bee on the pacifier until he was a little older than a month. I wanted to make sure he latched on well, was eating, and gaining weight first. I was scared he would have nipple confusion based on the majority of stories I read.

At first, I only allowed him to have his paci when he was about to sleep for the night. And what a huge difference that was for us! He slept for six hours! But then there were nights where he'd wake up and I'd have to feel around in the dark for that little, teeny, tiny, miniscule paci... it seemed like it shrunk at night when I was half asleep and there was no light on.

Then I found the WubbaNub. I made Bee's nursery theme elephants so naturally... I bought the elephant WubbaNub.

Basically, it's a small plush toy attached to a Soothie pacifier. I thought the regular Soothie was a great thing already... but that little toy just makes it 100% better!

At night, it was easier to feel around for that little elephant. And in the car, when it's just Bee and me... I can just reach back into his rear-facing carseat, look in my rearview mirror, and find that great invention! No more pulling over on the side of the road, getting into the backseat and looking for his pacifier buried under his little bum.

Also, I found that having that little elephant friend helps keep the Soothie in his mouth. He also learned how to hold the elephant and guide the paci back into his mouth.

So no more crying baby at night or in the car. THANK YOU, WUBBANUB!

Taking care of the WubbaNub is super easy, too. I really want to shake the hand of the person who thought of making this. All you do is throw it in the wash with baby's laundry and let it air dry. Before it air dries, I take an extra step and wash the paci part with his dish soap THEN let is air dry. To sterilize it, if you need to, just boil water and pour it in a mug. The plush toy can hang around the edges of the mug and you can just dip the Soothie into the hot, hot water. EASY PEASY!

Bee still only uses his pacifier at night... and when he's about to nap. But right before he falls into that deep sleep, he spits it out all by himself.

Note://I am in no way affiliated with WubbaNub, the makers of WubbaNub, or any sellers of WubbaNub. I just appreciate the product! That's all... ;-)



1 comment:

  1. we are deaing with all kind of best and quality funny pacifier with the awesome wubbanub at only low prices.
    premier retailer of baby gifts and strollers, car seats, baby furniture, children's toys, and more. We also offer the best and quality innovative products including travel accessories with comfort leval, and the newest baby products at rock bottom prices

    ReplyDelete