Friday, May 10, 2013

What Happened to Paci?!

When we got back from California, I figured we'd just do a "test run" of how life would be without his precious pacifier (what we call "paci"). I kind of felt like we needed it while we were away to help soothe Blake since we weren't in the comfort of our own home and daily routine.


For the past few months, Blake would spit out his paci right before he fell asleep. The night after we got back from our vacation, I wanted to just TRY and see how he'd act without it. I got him a Disney nightlight that projects onto the ceiling so he stayed focused on Mickey Mouse and his friends. He smiled and waved to them in the dark. It was probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen him do... but then again, I think everything he does is cute. :-P

So he stared, and waved, and smiled... and rolled around, and flipped, and stood up, and let himself fall back onto the soft bed. He was ALL OVER THE PLACE! But at least he was happy while he was tossing and turning all over me and our bed.

After about 20 minutes of pretending he was doing gymnastics, he found my milk-milks, nursed and fell right to sleep. I thought to myself... it couldn't be THAT easy to just not give him his precious paci.

I tried hiding it the next day during nap time... and he did the same thing. Tossed and turned, nursed, and slept. Shoot. That's it?!

Later that day he got really fussy, probably because his body clock hasn't adjusted back to Eastern Standard Time, so I tried to give him his elephant WubbaNub paci and he spit it right out! I tried again while shushing him and trying to calm him down, and he slapped it away. He actually blocked his face from it!

Now we're a week in with no paci! Yay for Blake! I almost started to think he'd never get rid of it and he'd be like Maggie from The Simpsons, but I guess our little ones just have to want to do it on their own. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment